Friday, December 6, 2013

Dilemma's of a Disconnected Cell Phone

I mentioned in my previous blog entitled “The Hidden Agenda” that my phone is liable to cut off any day now because I wasn’t able to catch up with my phone bill. Well guess what IT’S OFF, and I’m seriously losing my mind. I’m assuming everyone knows the old cliché saying “you never miss a good thing till it’s gone.” It amazes me of the things we as a generation take for granted. Are we really that dependent on our cell phones? Don’t get me wrong, there are exceptions to everything, but it seems like without our phones we’re missing persons left in a jungle in the middle of nowhere. LOST. SOS? Luckily, I have an iPhone and can still text and use apps as long as I have wifi. Thank you Steve Jobs. But no thank you nTelos for disconnecting my phone without warning. I can’t get in contact with anyone unless I beg my roommates to use their phones, or travel across campus to use a RBC owned phone. I honestly feel like I live across the map, over in California and in actuality I’m 45 minutes away in Petersburg trying to reach family members in Richmond. What is life without a cellular device? There is none.

No comments:

Post a Comment