Friday, December 6, 2013

The Hidden Agenda

College, the place that teaches you how the world is financially screwing you over, while financially screwing you over. To the person(s) currently reading this, please take a few seconds to read to yourself over and over again the statement above. Heck, how about even taking a few minutes to spread the word to someone other than yourself. After consuming, devouring, and swallowing the opening statement. I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to regurgitate. I'm especially disgusted about how genuine those 19 little words are. Right on the money. Of those who haven't arrived at a titanic size stomach ache yet, allow me to quantitatively break it down for you through personal experience. Ever since enrolling into school, Richard Bland College, I've been introduced to financial slums. I'm literally in debt above my head, and I just recently turned 19. From financial aid not covering all my tuition, so I had to put a 1,000 dollar loan on my car (which is currently drawing interest and has doubled twice it's worth), to not being able to catch up with my phone bill because I'm past due (which is liable to cut off any day now), to not knowing if I should sacrifice spending five dollars on a quick, fast, and in a hurry meal at McDonalds, or head across the street to the nearest gas station just to make sure I make it home. You're hoping it'll all be worth it in the end, but there just seems to be no finish line, no time soon. Should I keep going and going until I'm drenched with sweat and my kneecaps are about to collapse, or just say "hey, this isn't for me" and make a quick u- turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment